"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- thehuntforgallifrey likes this
- everlastingeffervescence likes this
- dearyoungchild reblogged this from tiafayexo
- marceemandala reblogged this from i4naye
- riko-cutie-mine reblogged this from procrastinating-asian
- riko-cutie-mine likes this
- realdeal likes this
- pjld reblogged this from a-larger-infinity
- ladi-dadi-i reblogged this from pleurphoria
- thedolphingenie reblogged this from galaxy-stomps
- pleurphoria reblogged this from diddlywhack and added:
- greedylychee likes this
- brohenheim likes this
- diannabloom reblogged this from mistys-bitch
- drunkenburnie likes this
- whoiskjb likes this
- ka-blamo reblogged this from flowerfrick
- ka-blamo likes this
- overstressed likes this
- curiousdevice reblogged this from cloudymcmuffin
- mistys-bitch reblogged this from crystallized-teardrops
- the-hot-thot likes this
- disrated likes this
- u-rnbreon reblogged this from flowerfrick
- thesaltydreams likes this
- jennybean6468 reblogged this from raddlest
- jennybean6468 likes this
- airwreckaaah likes this
- stupid-guru reblogged this from shewasdramatic
- sarahissomewhere likes this
- innviisible reblogged this from wishingcreamy
- justwaitfornow reblogged this from raddlest
- justwaitfornow likes this
- raytorocan-twerk likes this
- raytorocan-twerk reblogged this from raddlest
- diddlywhack reblogged this from raddlest
- bigbang-bliss reblogged this from istawkyou
- trillpokemon reblogged this from raddlest
- runawaygh0st reblogged this from flowerfrick
- insidethesnog-box reblogged this from raddlest
- insidethesnog-box likes this
- a-larger-infinity reblogged this from galaxy-stomps
- mrlambchopslovesmrslambchops likes this
- twinklytomb likes this
- stevenbaescemi reblogged this from flowerfrick
- canadian-redneck-girl reblogged this from raddlest
- canadian-redneck-girl likes this
- coldspyder reblogged this from flowerfrick
- ya-girl-sara reblogged this from flowerfrick
- pokekid543 reblogged this from procrastinating-asian