"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- day-by-fucking-day reblogged this from hungrytalent
- nananananananana-foodman reblogged this from demfraymotifs
- riverserenity7 likes this
- demfraymotifs reblogged this from the-assbutt-garden
- burnthehardt reblogged this from a-weekend-in-the-country
- the-assbutt-garden reblogged this from attempting-tobecool
- ni-la likes this
- maruetta reblogged this from ibtasem
- hope-lessfaith likes this
- emmies7652 reblogged this from all-the-assbuttery
- defineeeeed likes this
- a-weekend-in-the-country reblogged this from arosynose
- molly-ctl reblogged this from ilickedaunicornonce
- molly-ctl likes this
- droppedd-ead likes this
- lovita54 reblogged this from lololololoki
- lovita54 likes this
- balloonsinparadise reblogged this from lololololoki
- balloonsinparadise likes this
- attempting-tobecool reblogged this from stopnowait
- meetolivia likes this
- alterbridgeiii likes this
- all-the-assbuttery reblogged this from lololololoki
- wastedyouth-lostsouls likes this
- queensnightmares reblogged this from ibtasem
- acaliforniacation reblogged this from blowmydandelion
- acaliforniacation likes this
- pleasantly-estranged reblogged this from lololololoki
- beauty0fmind likes this
- hamzysmusings reblogged this from sharbalibiya
- stopnowait reblogged this from lololololoki
- stopnowait likes this
- master-of-les reblogged this from theelipsticklesbian
- master-of-les likes this
- catpucino likes this
- fangirlbeforeanythingelse likes this
- motahalwaaeater reblogged this from ibtasem
- motahalwaaeater likes this
- captassbutt reblogged this from nosocialinteractionstoday
- henahh likes this
- riwes likes this
- lololololoki reblogged this from hiddles-cuddles
- sayuuowo reblogged this from linlin24
- sayuuowo likes this
- untruereality17 reblogged this from drag0nz0rd
- deschatjemeisjeeee likes this
- nayrouz reblogged this from ibtasem and added:
- shimmerandshoot likes this
- auliaulfah reblogged this from ibtasem