"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- ethanmonty likes this
- yanaivanova17 likes this
- rookie676 reblogged this from grootloopss
- pixiedustandsuch likes this
- shiroidesu reblogged this from cuttlfish
- toggle-switches-turn-me-on likes this
- thatrandomcatkid likes this
- troyeskitty reblogged this from well-hello-everyone
- callherscoonie reblogged this from sarahthebrownie
- troyeskitty likes this
- sunshinefailure likes this
- sunshinefailure reblogged this from theinkspocks
- craving-the-moonlight reblogged this from my-secrets-are-no-longer
- lntothebreeze likes this
- homestarskellington666 reblogged this from hug-of-war
- robstariscanon reblogged this from olafisnotonfire
- nexves reblogged this from alyssaemilie
- mathildatitti reblogged this from wishing-sweet-serenity
- mathildatitti likes this
- call-me-beelz reblogged this from finding-joshua
- call-me-beelz likes this
- sorryiateyourpickles reblogged this from olilyneptuneao
- ponybug likes this
- alanthedestroyer341 reblogged this from the-mexican-knight
- alanthedestroyer341 likes this
- maria4497 reblogged this from alyssaemilie
- es-capable likes this
- well-hello-everyone reblogged this from michellela36
- seductively-perspicacious reblogged this from loseyourmindandembracethemadness
- lovegerbil123 reblogged this from bottuhm
- wishing-sweet-serenity reblogged this from jagk-seat-gatorade
- kayleeisnttanner reblogged this from darkpianist
- its-the-final-countdown reblogged this from alyssaemilie
- justmaddiemoo reblogged this from dontforgethope
- the-wanderlust-king reblogged this from w0nderlustful
- justmaddiemoo likes this
- aaliyahsanangel likes this
- abitofrandomness reblogged this from johnnydeppstolemydiary
- abitofrandomness likes this
- oscarthemoose reblogged this from lovel64
- donnyosmondflare reblogged this from ellisetta-kay
- my-secrets-are-no-longer reblogged this from neizmenicna-jednosmerna-struja
- hug-of-war reblogged this from justyouraveragehaggis
- thehappyplac-e reblogged this from alyssaemilie
- meganwiddy reblogged this from ohaistepj
- over-thinkmachine reblogged this from perksofbeingalittlebitch
- mero1994 reblogged this from 96-pinkpickle
- pkmntrainerjessie likes this
- tellmesomethingsweettogetmeeby likes this
- devthomps8 reblogged this from theinkspocks