"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- we-all--try reblogged this from gabby-26
- imcalledangelique likes this
- lone-wolf-elegy likes this
- illvstrations likes this
- ladylhompson likes this
- thekardashiansareback likes this
- alltimecrowley reblogged this from deefizzy
- toasty723 likes this
- toasty723 reblogged this from lame-waves
- knightly-circus reblogged this from hufflefluffers
- knightly-circus likes this
- sirlackster reblogged this from c-s-r-u-g-b-y-world
- imtoofabforanurl likes this
- imtoofabforanurl reblogged this from blxck-klasss
- yellowapplesneakers reblogged this from itsbookwormies
- hufflepuff-sunflower reblogged this from ugly
- yellowapplesneakers likes this
- berscaroy reblogged this from lame-waves
- ipitythefoolwhodonttakethisdick reblogged this from lame-waves
- hufflefluffers reblogged this from lame-waves
- columbia-in-disguise reblogged this from im-a-rainbow14
- thedthh reblogged this from asgardian-princess-of-tricks
- coastal--islands reblogged this from lame-waves
- emily-bourke likes this
- emily-bourke reblogged this from lame-waves
- elise-hikiko likes this
- coastal--islands likes this
- doodleteir likes this
- wutjulie likes this
- seize-bliss likes this
- booperland reblogged this from benfreak and added:
- honorinqq reblogged this from juliettegomes
- samanthasomethingidk reblogged this from blameitondoctorwho
- officialyofficial reblogged this from idkwhattoputasanewurl
- karinaxsarinana reblogged this from my-last-anywhere
- remindme0fy0u reblogged this from lame-waves
- unknownshadowthing reblogged this from im-alive-outside-but-dead-inside
- so-zola likes this
- all-seeing-idiot likes this
- bruhless reblogged this from juliettegomes
- l-0-ve-y-0-urself reblogged this from lame-waves
- bruhless likes this
- inspire-my-life reblogged this from gettingahealthybody
- quasineopost-somethingpolitical likes this
- sexwithmileyy reblogged this from lame-waves
- unortho-doxx reblogged this from svmber
- megan-woods likes this
- sexwithmileyy likes this
- tacowithoutfeelings reblogged this from lame-waves