"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”
This is beautiful.
- onthisislandinthesea likes this
- gay-depressed likes this
- paerl reblogged this from human
- resfe-ber likes this
- resfe-ber reblogged this from see-meformysoul-alone
- lilislittlekitty reblogged this from based-goddessss
- g4w4t likes this
- flowrqu33n likes this
- merisanicole reblogged this from see-meformysoul-alone
- merisanicole likes this
- gavengarner reblogged this from daisies-falling
- based-goddessss reblogged this from crappybird
- gavengarner likes this
- see-meformysoul-alone reblogged this from fakestheperfectsmile
- xgrimmzy reblogged this from human
- littlemouseylauren reblogged this from daisies-falling
- want2beyour-pornstar likes this
- mismvtched likes this
- cocacolaandpizza reblogged this from humorbaby
- cocacolaandpizza likes this
- daisies-falling reblogged this from humorbaby
- daisies-falling likes this
- wewillfindourwaythere likes this
- lullabylakestone reblogged this from i-was-never-in-your-assbutt
- lesarahspeaks reblogged this from kralceiram
- radicalityyy likes this
- piggies98 likes this
- gagafanatic reblogged this from go-fuck-yourself-you-cunt and added:
- gagafanatic likes this
- merci-mercy reblogged this from stormandthecalm
- merci-mercy likes this
- you-see-fire likes this
- jelllybeanxoxo likes this
- kralceiram likes this
- kralceiram reblogged this from crystallized-teardrops
- live-together-die-alone11 likes this
- stormandthecalm reblogged this from humorbaby
- alleyethridge8 reblogged this from l0secontrol17
- alleyethridge8 likes this
- dlopez-23 reblogged this from whataboutwhatnow
- dlopez-23 likes this
- destinydf likes this
- destinydf reblogged this from humorbaby
- ptnguyen1 reblogged this from fre-minded
- frodopuff11fan likes this
- frodopuff11fan reblogged this from phuongttran
- itsmemaddi likes this
- itsmemaddi reblogged this from cheater157
- fxxxxcking likes this
- fre-minded reblogged this from humorbaby